Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Clarity

Today was one of those days that I had to step back from my life and take a look from the outside looking in. Recently I made quite a few statements about being upset about the President taking away cost of living increases for all federal employees. Now, don't get me wrong, as a federal employee this stinks for me, but I had to think about it as an American first, and an employee second. Having thought about this I suppose what Obama is trying to do is a positive for his administration (assuming there are no hidden agendas). We need to make the hard cuts, the tough sacrifices and the ugly decisions. And if that means that I have to give up a family vacation to do it, well then, that is the least I can do in the name of freedom. I know that I have everything that I need and the Good Lord will make sure of that. I fear, however, that we are running out of Americans to lean on. Who else can take a cut? So many people are out of work and on food stamps and unemployment as it is. The government is bleeding us dry. I refuse to bleed to death. This isn't how it is suppose to be. I wonder who Mr. Obama is taking his direction from? I hope in all of the directions he is probably looking that he is spending most of his time looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment